AboutThe mission of TACES is to strengthen counselor education and supervision. TACES is a means for providing improved communication among members, for advancing knowledge of the academic field for counseling, and to assist in the improving of competency both for the members themselves and for those counselors, prospective counselors, and counselor supervisors with whom the members are working or will work.
TACES is concerned with the knowledge and skills which touch upon all aspects of the profession of counseling and supervision at all levels. This organization is a potent force toward progress in counselor education and supervision.
Members include Counselor Educators, Directors of Guidance, LPC Counselor Supervisors, and Doctoral Students in Counselor Education Programs.
- a division of the Texas Counseling Association (TCA)
- a State Division of the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- a State Branch of the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (SACES)
Who are our members?
- Counselor Educators
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisors
- Directors of Guidance
- Doctoral Students in Counselor Education Programs
- Juncture, an award winning, online newsletter, features articles regarding upcoming events and issues of interest and importance to counselors and supervisors.
- Annual Midwinter Conference, held in Austin each February. Offers professional development opportunities, legislative updates, discussion of current issues , CEU's, and opportunities to network with fellow counselor educators, supervisors, and Directors of Guidance.
- Awards are given yearly as recognition for outstanding contributions to the field. Awards are presented at the TACES meeting (luncheon or breakfast) at TCA's Annual Professional Growth Conference.
- Updates of Current Legislation and Issues pertaining to School Counselors, Directors of Guidance, Licensed Professional Counselors, Counselor Educators and Supervisors.
- Collegial & Collaborative dialogue and exchanges facilitated through an active listserv available to members.
- TACES Board of Directors and Committee Chairs are an active group of individuals volunteering their time and energy to represent the needs and concerns of TACES members to the Texas Counseling Association who in turn represent our views to the Texas legislative and regulatory agencies.
- Membership Certificate that you can display to demonstrate your participation in and association committed to the counseling profession.